This week December 9th - 15th is Hour of Code.
Classrooms at HH will be participating in this fun event to engage children with programming. There are a variety of tutorials for children and adults - go to the Learn
page to check them out and have fun!
Survey Password: SpeakUp2013
Speak Up, a national online research project facilitated by Project Tomorrow, gives individuals the opportunity to share their viewpoints about key educational issues, particularly concerning 21st century education and technology. Each year, findings are summarized and shared with national and state policy makers. Participating schools and districts can access their data online, free-of-charge on February 2014. Please click the banner to start the survey. Thanks!
Our School Motto
Whether you are a new or returning family, welcome to Happy Hollow School! This website was prepared to provide answers to some questions you may have.
The Happy Hollow School focuses on basic academic skills in a caring and nurturing environment, while providing exploration opportunities in the arts. The school’s CORE Values promote a learning community and challenges students:
CORE Values and Mission Statement
The Happy Hollow School is a place where:
We treat all people - teachers, students, and ourselves - with courtesy and respect.
- We care for one another, our country and world.
- We are friendly and cooperative with others.
- We know right from wrong and take responsibility for our actions.
- Everyone is safe and has a feeling of belonging.
- Everyone can learn and strive for excellence.
Everyone’s performance is improved through a lifestyle, which includes vigorous physical activity on the playground before school and at recess during the school day.
- We try our best, take risks and learn from our mistakes.
- We feel successful when we work hard and learn new skills.