Happy Hollow School
Safe Arrival Program
What is the Safe Arrival Program? A program to ensure that every child in the school is accounted for at the start of each day.
Are all Happy Hollow children enrolled in this program? YES-all children are part of the program.
How does the program work?
- Families notify the school by calling (508-358-8641) or by emailing HH_attendance@wayland.k12.ma.us before 8:45 AM with a message stating their child(ren) will be absent or tardy. The message should include: child’s name, teacher’s name, and date(s) of absence. You can notify us as much in advance as you'd like - there's no need to wait until the day of the absence.
- The office staff keeps a log of all calls and emails.
- Classroom attendance is sent to the office and cross checked with the messages at 8:45 AM
If a child is unaccounted for, the office staff will follow the process below until the child is located.
- Recheck the child’s classroom
- Contact parents/guardians at all phone numbers on file
- Call emergency contacts
- Principal or designee drives to child’s home
- Contact police